Jesus Christ is All-Sufficient
Jesus Christ, His person, His nature and character, His death on the cross for our sins, His resurrection, His exaltation, His life, His return, His power, His presence, etc. is everything we need. We receive His benefits entirely through active faith in Him.
Because Jesus is all-sufficient
- We believe in Him, receiving God’s forgiveness and God’s life.
- We seek to draw from Him everything we need for life and godliness through a growing faith in Him.
- We choose to avoid the distractions of the world that compete with Him for our affections, energy, and resources.
- We choose to avoid religious symbols and ceremonies that may hinder our direct dependence upon Him.
- We give thanks to God the Father for Him, celebrate the giving of His Son to us, and exalt the Holy Spirit who communes with us.